Find a Foodie
Our 'Queen St Foodie' has been found!
The team at Queen St, in partnership with the Express and Echo have concluded their search to find the ‘next big thing’ in food
Earlier this year, the team at Queen St Dining, in partnership with the Express and Echo, launched a search to find a budding chef, secret baker, gastronomic genius or someone who produces ‘great grub’. The aim of Find a Foodie was to discover an entrepreneur, an individual or a team with an enterprising idea, a signature dish or an innovative product, created at home or already trading on a small scale, and helping them bring it to a bigger audience at Queen St Dining.
The initial 21 entrants were shortlisted by an especially selected expert panel, made up of business and food industry judges. Those selected were invited to showcase their menus and products and compete against other entrants at Queen St Dining, where the general public voted for their favourites in a taste test round. This vote went towards 50% of the final decision, combined with the judges’ vote cast on the final judging day held in November. The combined result led to Fravocado being named Queen St Dining’s Find a Foodie winner.
Created by founder Becky Osborne after identifying a gap in the ‘free from’ market, Fravocado offers a rich and creamy vegan ice-cream alternative made from avocado and coconut milk and free from gluten, dairy and refined sugar.
Our ‘Queen St Foodie’ will receive:
• A purpose built kiosk to trade from free of charge in Queen St, for 3 months
• Branding advice and identity development from a leading premium brand agency
• Marketing/PR planning and support from the agencies launching Queen St
• A free advertising package to assist in launching the venture
• Mentoring from a successful food entrepreneur
• Free legal, financial and business advice from Exeter-based practices and a high street bank
We look forward to welcoming Fravocado to Queen St Dining in Spring 2017!
Download a PDF of the Queen St restaurant guide.Download PDF
Enter your postcode or location to get directions to Queen St.